Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Zvannieki at the close of 2011

A Princess and a Chick
It is hard to believe that yet another year has passed... I have been remiss about keeping up my blog - but not about my support and connection with the children of Zvannieki!

I was fortunate in that I was able to visit the children this past summer as well as at the end of November in 2010. The children are growing! I can no longer speak only of children, for one of the "children" has graduated from University and two others are currently enrolled in the "Latvia University of Agriculture."  Another of the "children" is now an accredited Auto Mechanic and working in his field, and another has studied to be a hairdresser and is a sought after stylist working in Riga. This is thanks to those who make monetary donations to the Zvannieki account at the  Latvian Cleveland Credit Union. Money from that fund also pays for school lunches for the 13 children attending the local elementary school in Ramuli.

I am indeed happy that my congregation, The United Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Cleveland has been supportive of my work with these children. They have been generous with monetary donations as well as donations of clothing, footwear and school supplies. We send parcels to the children 2-3 times a year and a number of our members have visited these children in Latvia.

It is indeed a joy and privilege to help these children!